Saturday, May 8, 2010

Peanut Butter Chip Covered Brownies

I always keep a couple of boxes of brownie mix ( I get the family sized mixes at Walmart for $1.25) in my pantry for those days when the kids have been extra good (or I need a chocolate fix).  Brownies from a box are great, but I usually add a little something special to them.  I know, there are mixes that come with stuff added, like the turtle brownies, or walnut brownies.  But let's be honest.  There are never enough nuts or caramel or peanut butter in the flavored mixes.  Adding peanut butter or chocolate chips that you already have on hand, or your favorite nut makes these boxed mix brownies extra special. 

So the next time you make brownies, see what you have laying around in your pantry that can make them yummier.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Jenn these brownies look wonderful! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

jenn said...

Thank you Catherine. I wish the same for you.