Sunday, October 3, 2010

Olive Garden

I had only been to the Olive Garden one time, over 16 years ago.  I went to Myrtle Beach with a friend of my dad's, and we ate there one night.  I remember it having delicious food, but man oh man were my taste buds happy last Friday.  My friend Donna treated me to lunch there, and well, wow.  Check out the bruschetta I ordered:
I ended up taking most of it home with me.  I love bruschetta, but this was the best I have ever had.  EVER.  My entree was portabella mushroom ravioli in a five cheese sauce.  Sooo good.  It was sooo good I forgot to take a picture before I gobbled it up.

And of course, to finish the meal, we had cheesecake.  White chocolate raspberry cheesecake to be exact.  Look at how pretty it was:
The entire meal was yummy.  I loved their service, too.  The never ending salad and bread sticks...yum.  The freshly grated Parmesan cheese...yum.  I loved that they boxed up my leftovers (and there were a lot!) themselves instead of handing me to go boxes.  I can wait to go back there with Junior and the kids, which won't be until next year when we get our tax refund.  As good as the food was, there is no way we can afford to feed all of us.  The check was almost $50 for just Donna and I.

But it was worth every penny. (especially since they were her pennies)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I just love Olive Garden !! We don't go there often. Maybe once a year. I love the chicken fettuccine and salad. I get to filled up on the breadsticks. I usually just have one!! I am glad you had a good time !

jenn said...

Dawn ~ I could eat there every day! I can't believe I waited so long to go back. The menu had so many things I want to try...I only ate one breadstick, because I was all over that bruschetta. It was sooo good.