Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com, and they turned out yummy!
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You can find the recipe here also.  These cookies did not last long at all in my house.  Next time, I am going to double the recipe.  My only complaint was that the cookies never browned.  I thought it was because the cookies were so big, so I did a few little ones, and the same thing happened.  Anyone have any ideas about why that happened?  I've never had this problem before.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I made cookies this past weekend but mine didn't look as good and yummy as yours.

Mangan Tila said...

Baking is something that I still have to learn. Thanks for sharing!