Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sweet And Smoky Chicken

The other night I was about to make supper, and I had some boneless skinless chicken breasts thawed out. I have a few go to recipes for chicken, but wanted to try something different.

I have a tub of Grill Mates Sweet & Smoky Rub that I have used on pork in the past, and it was really good. The label says it can be used on beef, pork, or chicken, so I decided to give it a try.

I cut up the chicken into cubes, because I wanted to do a quick pan fry on it, instead of baking it. For some reason, when I do chicken in the over, I always overcook it, and it comes out so dry. Anyway, I tossed the cubed chicken in a bowl, covered it in the Rub, and mixed it all together with my hands. I made sure all the pieces were fully covered, then I let it sit for a few minutes while I got the pan ready.

A few years ago, my mom bought me an awesome skillet for Christmas. It is one of those heavy suckers, and I love it! I put a little bit of olive oil in the bottom of the pan and let it heat up until it rippled, then I threw the chicken in.

I let it pan fry for a few minutes, letting the outside get all white and pretty. Then I cover the pan and let it cook for a while longer until the chicken was fully cooked. (don't ask me how long I let it cook, because I don't keep track...just until it is nice and white all the way through)

I have to say, for a quick "who knows how this is going to turn out" dinner, it was delicious! The chicken was really flavorful, and I served it with peas and french fries. (don't pay any attention to my "fine china"...I use these plastic plates at almost every meal because they are divided...I don't like for the different foods on my plate to touch...I know...I have issues) While the chicken was good on it's own, I dunked mine in BBQ sauce, which, in my opinion, makes everything better.

Feel free to share your favorite chicken recipe with me. We eat it about three or four times a week, and it's hard sometimes to make something different.

No comments: