Friday, April 23, 2010

Easy Banana Bread

I can not take credit for the recipe.  I found it on the back of a box of Jiffy baking mix.  It's delicious, though, so I thought I'd share:

3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup shortening (I use butter flavored crisco sticks)
2 eggs
2 cups baking mix
1 cup very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 cups nuts (I never put the nuts)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Cream sugar and shortening.  Add remaining ingredients*.  Mix until blended.  Pour batter into prepared pan. (greased 9X5 loaf pan)  Bake 55 minutes.Cool slightly before removing from pan

*I added the eggs and banana first, and then added the baking mix one cup at a time.

Simple enough, right?  I always double the recipe, and bake two loaves at the same time. 

One loaf doesn't last very long around here.

No comments: