Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kitchens

To me, the kitchen is the most important room in the house. No matter what type of get together we have at my mom's house, my sisters and I always end up hanging out with mom in the kitchen.  My mother recently redid her kitchen, and it turned out beautiful.  She went with the county look, using shelves instead of upper cabinets, and it looks amazing.  It is also extremely functional.  She had a huge island installed, and that is usually where we gather.

Before she decided on what color scheme to go with, she looked for kitchen ideas online.  She clipped pictures out of magazines and printed stuff off the internet.  She knew exactly what she wanted.  I love looking at pictures of kitchens, too, especially when they have all the appliances I love with great flow.  If I ever have a home of my own, I want a huge stove with six burners and two ovens.  I want a huge fridge and freezer, and all the gadgets that make cooking and baking easier.

I am also obsessed with pantries.  I saw one kitchen online that had an archway leading into a huge pantry that was so well organized.  I want that someday in my own home.  You can check out tons of pictures at houzz.com to get ideas for your own dream kitchen.

No comments: