Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Disappearing Flatware

I am missing silverware.  I have no idea where it has gone, but I am missing almost all of my forks and spoons.  Not my knives, though, which is kind of weird, because if I was going to stash some silverware under my bed (or where ever my kids have put it) I would make sure it's a knife or two so I could fend off intruders.  Not that there are many intruders in my bedroom, but you know what I'm saying.

I went to the store to buy some new stuff, and I couldn't believe how expensive flatware is.  You used to be able to get four forks (or spoons or knives) for about a dollar, but I can't find those anymore.  I did find some oneida flatware discounts online, but if I am going to spend any amount of money on flatware, I need to make sure it doesn't disappear.  Short of not allowing my kids to use any of it, I don't know how to keep track of it all.  Any ideas?

While I was shopping for flatware, it occurred to me that I could use an update on other things in my house as well.  I found some cute dining cushions, but honestly, that look is a little too country for me.  My mom would love them, though.  In fact, I remember cushions on our dining chairs growing up.

I also found this awesome ice bucket with stand and I want it so bad!  As soon as I saw it, I pictured it next to my bed, chilling a bottle of champagne on New Year's Eve.  Sure, I am going to be with my kids New Year's Eve, so I won't be using it that night.  But, the following week, I will have a special friend over, and it's never too late to toast in the new year, right?

Right?

No comments: