Saturday, August 7, 2010

Parmesan Chicken

This is my husband's favorite chicken that I make, and it is pretty simple.  I take a container of Parmesan cheese and add a bunch of stuff to it, like parsley, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.  The other night, though, I only had half a container of cheese and no parsley, so I added a bunch of panko bread crumbs instead, and I have got to tell you, this chicken was just as good as the other.

I usually pound the chicken breasts pretty thin, and then coat them in egg before throwing them in the cheese mixture.  This time, I happened to find thin cut breasts at the store, so I used those.  (In the future, I will pound them a even thinner though)  Sometimes I will just bake them, but most of the time, I will fry them on my grill pan with a little olive oil.  Check out how yummy they look:

I try and make enough at one time for Junior to take some to work for a few days.  If he had his way, though, I would make these everyday.  He thinks he could live on them.  Yeah, they are that good, especially when you dip them in ranch dressing.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

They do look good !!

Dawn said...

I didn't have to cook for a month. At my Mom's place all of the meals are prepared for you in a formal dining room. Now, I am in my jean shorts and thinking... hmmmm, what should I fix for dinner ?!?!?!??!?!?! It is tooo hot to do anything... LOL

Tara Beaulieu said...

OMG Yum! I have GOT to make that. I haven't had a tasty chicken cutlet in ages and yours sounds perfect. I love parmesan cheese!

jenn said...

Dawn ~ I would love to have someone cook for me, but not all the time. I do enjoy my time in the kitchen, when it's not so hot.

jenn said...

Tara Beaulieu ~ I usually cook a couple of packs of chicken, because the leftovers taste even better...especially in a salad!

siteseer said...

I'm with you on cook once serve twice (or more)....

jenn said...

siteseer ~ this is especially true during the week when the kids are in school...so much easier to heat something up than to cook from scratch.