Friday, April 20, 2012

New Recipes For Chicken That Are Healthy

I cook a lot with chicken.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I made a dinner that didn't use chicken as the meat.My kids have their favorite chicken dishes that I make.  Ryan loves my Parmesan chicken, and the girls go crazy over my barbeque chicken with pineapple.  Last weekend, I was food shopping, and I found baby portabella mushrooms on sale, and I wanted to use them for supper.  I sauteed them in a little butter with some zucchini, then added them to some chicken I had sauteed separately in olive oil.  Talk about yummy!

I want to find some cookbooks that focus on healthy chicken recipes, since I am back on my diet (and doing great!). The problem is that cookbooks are kind of expensive.  I am trying to find one that I can use AbeBooks coupons to get, and their website has tons of cookbooks to choose from.  I found several about healthy cooking, but none specifically about chicken.  I think I might have to dig a little deeper.

I have been building up my kitchen gadget arsenal lately, too.  I have several different frying pans (both coated and non-coated) and a seemingly endless variety of utensils.  But, there are things I don't have that I really would like to have.  I might have to find some Amazon promotional codes to help me afford the things I want.  

There are other things besides cooking stuff I want, too, now that I have a little bit of extra cash.  I was thinking about starting my Christmas shopping so that what happened last year doesn't happen again this year.  I was checking out Geek Gadgets 2012 and there are lots of random things on there that my kids would love! The problem is going to be finding a place to hide whatever I buy for the next eight months where the kids won't find everything.

No comments: