Saturday, November 26, 2011

Messes

My kids are slobs.  Seriously.  I could spend an entire day cleaning my house from top to bottom, and in half an hour they will have it a mess yet again.  Just the other day they they were home from school, so I left a list of chore I wanted done before I got home from work.  You would not bieve the phone calls I got from them that day.

The first time, Brandi was mad at Kasi so she sprayed her with a cleaning product that contained bleach.  Then Ryan got mad at Brandi, so he sprayed her with water from the prayer in my sink.  The thing was, Brandi was sitting on my couch at the time, so it got soaked along with her.  I am glad it was only water, because had it been the bleach solution, I would have been searching online for furniture cleaning tips, though I am pretty sure there is no way to get bleach stains out of anything.

The carpet in my apartment is also a mess, though not all of it is from us.  Sure, the apartment manager had the carpets cleaned before we moved in, but I think they did it themselves, so you can assume that they didn't do a very good job.  I want to have someone like http://www.thesteamteam.com/ come in and do it right, but I have to wait until after the first of the year, because right now I just can not afford it.  

In the meantime, I am going to continue to try and keep the mess to a minimum around here.  Anyone have any idea how I can do that?

No comments: