Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Almost Birthday Time!


My baby is turning nine on Saturday.  I can not believe it has been that many years since we have had a baby in the house.  Since her birthday is on a Saturday, she needs to bring cupcakes to school tomorrow.  We did a little mom and daughter bonding time this afternoon and made those yummy looking strawberry cupcakes for her class.  Of course, they had to be pink. :)  I am kind of sad that this is the last year she will be able to do this, which means it's the last time I get to make birthday cupcakes for school.  I think this next year is going to be the end of a lot of things with her, like believing in Santa and the tooth fairy.  I guess I have to be content with waiting for my kids to start having kids, which hopefully won't happen for many, many years.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yummy looking cupcakes. Does she still believe in Santa Claus ? Usually the last child already knows because the older kids tell the third one. That is how it was in our family. I hope you have a great weekend and fun celebrating !! :)

jenn said...

dawn ~ she does still believe. She told me a few weeks ago that she KNOWS there is a santa because we are too poor to afford all the things she gets from him every year. Plus, Ryan and Kasi both love that she still believes, so they won't ruin that for her.

Catherine said...

Happy birthday to your litle girl!! I hope she has a wonderful birthday. I know she has a wonderful batch of birthday cupcakes! Love the pink!

Tammy said...

You made these? They look like they came from a fancy bakery. You girls did a great job. I know what you mean about them growing up to fast. I really miss having a "kid" or "baby" around the house. Brett is 12 now but will always be my baby.