Sunday, November 27, 2011

Clothes

 I need to go shopping.  A lot of my winter clothes no longer fit, which is one of the many drawbacks of losing so much weight.  Don't get me wrong.  I am more than thrilled with my drop in weight.  I just don't have the money to invest in a whole new wardrobe.

The good thing is, my boss recently gave me some company sweatshirts, so on cold days I just throw on one of them with a pair of jeans.  I didn't even have to pay for them.  I know a lot of jobs where you need to be in uniform require you to purchase the uniform yourself.  When I worked at McDonald's, if I wanted a new shirt or pair of pants, I had to buy them from the company.  That seemed a little unfair to me, but I needed that job, so I spent a ton of money on clothes I never got to wear again once I left. 

Nurses and doctors have to wear scrubs, and I have a feeling they go through quite a bit of them.  My mom is a nurse, and though she says nurses make pretty good money, I am sure they still look for clearance scrubs when they need to buy new uniforms. I also know women who wear scrub tops everyday who are not nurses simply because they are comfortable.  You can find quite a selection of scrub tops at http://www.blueskyscrubs.com/categories/Scrubs/Scrubs-for-Women/Original-Scrubs/.  

I think I am going to hit up a thrift store for some jeans.  I don't want to spend too much money on clothes since I do plan on losing another 50 pounds or so.  Once I get to my goal weight I will buy myself an entire new wardrobe.  I can't wait!

No comments: